YUVA SADAN 1.0
- The first session of Jharkhand Yuva Sadan was successfully organised from 21st – 23rd February 2020 at Audrey House, Ranchi under the leadership of Mission Blue Foundation.
- It was conducted under collaboration with Ministry of Art, Culture, Sports and Youth Affairs Govt. of Jharkhand and Central Coalfields Limited (CCL).
- We received 2,000 applications from all over Jharkhand and the post event response was also very warm.
- Our aim for organising Yuva Sadan was to make youth voices heard, shape opinions within the framework of parliamentary process and deliberate upon solutions through the lens of the Indian Constitution.
- The following guest’s graced the event with their presence during the first edition of the Yuva Sadan:
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice Ananda Sen (Judge, Jharkhand High Court) ,
- Rameshwar Oraon(Finance Minister, Jharkhand),
- Shri K N Choubey (DGP, Jharkhand)
- Shri Samir Oraon (Rajya Sabha MP)
- Shri Gopal Singh (Chairman cum Managing Director, CCL)
- Prof (Dr) Ramesh Pandey(Vice-Chancellor, Ranchi University)
- Rajesh Jais(Veteran Actor, Bollywood)
- Shri Anil Kumar Singh,IAS(Director Sports and Youth Affairs, Jharkhand)
- Commander Vikrant Kr. Malhan(Indian Navy)
- MD Arshi, IPS (S.P. Saraikela Kharsawan)
- Shahid Hassan(Social Psychologist, Jharkhand)
- Shri Rohit Tripathy (Founder, RanchiMall).
AGENDA FOR DISCUSSION
Two bills were presented in the Sadan for discussion. These bills were drafted by our team of advocates and law students from reputed National Law Universities after doing extensive research on the burning issues facing the state.
JHARKHAND WATER PROTECTION AND PRESERVATION BILL, 2020
A bill to provide for protection and preservation of underground water bodies and other water bodies including rivers and lakes in the state of Jharkhand.
JHARKHAND QUALITY EDUCATIONAL BILL, 2020
A bill to provide for quality and necessary education in the schools of the state of Jharkhand, including government schools and private schools.
OUTCOME OF YUVA SADAN 1.0
After much deliberation both the bills were passed by the Sadan, though the opposition succeeded in the motion for no-confidence against the government, but the opposition took up the bills once again with amendments.
The members of Yuva Sadan had the opportunity to get acquainted with basic Parliamentary procedures, their application in legislative parlance and importance in the political system. The members also had the opportunity to interact with from some of the most politically articulated personalities of the state.
The winners of the first edition of Yuva Sadan secured an overall prize money of Rs 1 lakh.
The winners of the First edition were as follows:
The First position went to Master Satyam Choudhary who was also given the portfolio of Home Minister.
The Second position went to Master Aditya Vikram Bajaj.
The Third position went to Ms. Ranee Raj.